Sunday, July 17, 2011

Black White's Expedition Log, Part 3

7:08pm July 16, AIF 103. There is something indescribable about the atmosphere of a place that has just experienced a great storm. It shatters the spirit of the place, like an atmospheric emotional breakdown, or an apocalypse in miniature, leaving all things fresh and empty.

Ah, but I shouldn't absorb myself in amateur poetic imagery. I can't help it - with nothing to do for several days, and I know it will be several days now, Lord Darklove just called and said he and the others will be held for a bit longer - and this terribly charming city to explore I get in a distinctly unfocused mood.

I found today after once again climbing who knows how many tight, zigzagging stairs that the park is still closed due to damage to the trail. I took a walk around town instead, enjoying the fresh, clean air and the way the wetness of the walls and street bring out the colors of the quaint architecture of Godhook. I think I've got a feel for this place now. There's a lot of hotels - I probably could have found a nicer one if I'd spent more time looking - and a whole lot of malls and entertainment-type places. I guess the economy here is tourism based - I found out the east side of the island is almost completely taken up by a resort called Cerises (or something like that). Now that I know I'm going to be here until at least the 20th I'll have a bit of fun here. If my superiors complain I'll just say I'm doing my part to bolster the Upper Region's lazy economy.

-Black White

No comments:

Post a Comment